I have very important news to share with you. I recently read an article on Feng Shui and I was delighted to know that it is an absolute necessity to sleep with a high quality premium foam padded bedhead or headboard when you sleep! The reason being is that when you sleep (especially if your bed is under a window or concrete wall) your body recharges all its good energy and it is important that your body gets a good sleep so you wake up full of energy and healthy. Studies have shown that when you sleep the body cools and it is important to keep warm when you sleep. If you sleep under a window cold air sneaks through the glass windows and your body and head loose more heat and also loose good energy. This is the same for a cold concrete wall. Therefore it is very important to have a think sturdy and well padded bedhead in between you and the window or wall. I have also read many warnings about MDF which many bedheads are made from. It is important to use hygienic and good quality foam padding as well as having a solid hard wood frame on your headboard. When purchasing a bedhead do not sacrifice quality for a good price! There are many chip board and MDF bedheads around with un hygienic foam padding- these will not help. You want the best as it will last a life time and is important for your health. I have listed below some other basic feng shui guidelines for your bed in your bedroom.
- have your bed easily approachable from both sides,
- have two bedside tables (one on each side),
- avoid having the bed in a direct line with the door.
- A "good looking" and well-balanced bed is very important in creating a perfect feng shui bedroom. Good mattress, a solid headboard and high quality sheets from natural fibre's are also very important in creating harmonious feng shui energy.
|A good thick high quality padded bedhead is a necessity when creating feng shui in your bedroom.|
- Excellent Feng Shui Headboard. This is considered the best shape for a headboard, because it is conducive to a harmonious exchange of energy between partners. It is also padded and soft (yin / feminine energy), but in a masculine (yang) colour.
- Crisp, Fresh Energy. You can feel this bedroom has fresh energy: no clutter, tons of natural light, clean, clear and soft energy.
- Good Bed Cushioning & Protection. Notice the placement of the big light fixture in between the bed and the window, as well as the soft window treatment. These elements add a sense of protection to the nourishing and comforting energy around the bed. And comfortable soft, clean bedlinen.
- Fresh Flowers. Contrary to popular belief, a small bouquet of beautiful flowers in the bedroom is excellent feng shui.
I hope this information helps - try it out and see if it makes a difference to your sleep, health and energy.
Bedhead Design Team